Roomies Forum Index Roomies
Roomies - The Web Comic Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need your help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marko
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: I need your help! Reply with quote

Roomies needs your help from all of you! I have signed roomies up for this ultra cool Comic Search Engine but in order for it to work, all my comics need to be transcribed. Basically for each comic I need to upload the dialogue, and with almost 300 comics, that's a lot of work! Well that's where you guys come into play, see you can all help me transcribe the comic, it's easy to do, you don't have to sign up for anything, and you can help me spread more Roomies goodness. Also once we've transcribed the whole comic, I will be able to add a search function to the comic, and an RSS feed so you will know exactly when I've uploaded a new comic! For detailed instructions of how you can help transcribe the comic, click on comments and read the next post!
Marko
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very quick and easy to do, you will notice on the bottom of some comics there is this little button:

All comics with that button have yet to be transcribed. Comics without a button at the bottom like such:

Have already been taken care of!

After you click the button, you will be taken to a simple transcribing page like so:

All you have to do is type out what everybody says. Press enter once for each line of text and twice for two lines. Fill out your name if you want, but you don't have to, then hit submit. It will go to a que where I approve the transcription, then it's uploaded and done!

This Page has a list of comics that have not been transcribed yet, however it's not 100% accurate as it only lists comics that have been viewed and sometimes it doesn't seem to register all of the archives. However if you wish to coordinate your efforts here (ie: everyone pick a chapter to transcribe) feel free!
LittleLoser
Landlord

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take this as an opportunity to brag about my 170 wpm typing speed. Well not really, I have a screenshot of 169 for 13 seconds with good accuracy, and I can hold 120 for a minute pretty easily fixing all errors.
Yeah I'll go and transcribe em though. And I can fix any spelling errors Smile

Edit: I'm starting from the beginning.
J2
OVER 9000!?!?

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be glad to help....from the last comic back.....but since I haven't been around for an entire week.....tell me there's still some comics left....
LittleLoser
Landlord

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of comics left, J2. I'm going to guess that about 8% of them are done.
Marko
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleLoser just finished off the first chapter today, you rock!
J2
OVER 9000!?!?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um....I call dibs on the current chapter and previous chapter! I'm working backwords.....I meet ya in the middle somewhere, folks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Roomies Forum Index -> Roomies News! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: