Roomies Forum Index Roomies
Roomies - The Web Comic Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A little behind the sceenes action.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marko
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: A little behind the sceenes action. Reply with quote

As most of you know, I coded this website myself, and I am a bit of a PHP and MySQL junky. Well for the longest time I had been wanting to include a number of comments under each comic (like it is under each news post) but couldn't quite get it to work. In the past when people wanted each comic to directly link to it's respective post on the forums (where people can post comments and discuss each comic) I had slopped together a list of links that floated around in the background. At first it wasn't too bad, but as the comic is nearing it's 300th comic, the list of links has mushroomed into a huge bloated mess. Not to mention, every time I update the comic I have to update the list of links by finding the post ID from the forums and long story short, it was a mess.

Well last night, I was hit with one of those strokes of brilliance. A tiny bit of php code and a mysql query later, and I was able to cut out an insanely bloated 4.2 KB of php from each page, aaaand I was able to easily implement the comments counter under each comic! I am hoping that cutting out that huge bloated piece of php will help speed up the website a bit, and maybe get some people to post more comments on the forums!

By the way... it is the end of the chapter, and I don't have a mailbag letter yet. So... send me an e-mail to your favorite Roomies character, and it might be read in Wednesday's Comic!
Diutillewly
Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Check that Reply with quote

stomatolog
pomoc w odszkodowaniach
pozycjonowanie stron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Roomies Forum Index -> Roomies News! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: